Thursday, February 7, 2013

Helping = Healing

 
     Some of the best opportunities in life are found when you can look outside of yourself and help someone else around you who is in need. While Vee and I have both gone through our fair share of heartache, we have learned to use our hurts for good and help others rather than remain bitter and beaten.

     One way we get to do this is through our blogs.  We get to share our experiences, challenges, and joys with those who are walking similar paths.

     Another way that we get to help others is through various opportunities to speak and share our story.   We are very excited to get another opportunity to share our story and help others coming up April 19-21.  Vee and I have been scheduled to speak at Camp Widow East (CLICK HERE).  Camp Widow is a great resource for those who have lost a spouse and are looking for hope, healing, and community.

     Vee and I will be leading several different workshops and roundtable discussions, including: Love in the Aftermath (finding love after tragedy), Mad at God (working through feelings of anger, spirituality, and loss), Loving the Pieces (a roundtable discussion on loving a widow), and a table discussion for widows of sudden loss.

     Our goal is to reach out to anyone who has lost a spouse.  In addition, we also want to reach out to those who are dating or married to a widow.  If you know of someone who falls into either of those two categories, we encourage you to look into attending Camp Widow.  We would love to see you there and look forward to sharing, growing, and healing with you there!

     Ps - I will be leading a special roundtable discussion for those who are dating or married to a widow.  So, if that's you, please come!  I look forward to having a big group to share with and learn from!

     Also, if you have been to Camp Widow or are going to be going to Camp Widow East this year... lets hear from you! How did you like it?  What did you find helpful?


Steve   

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Steve and Veronica! God has truly blessed you and your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your posts. :(
    They are always so uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...how did Camp Widow go? Please share your experiences with us. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve,
    I am hoping you can help me. I have been dating a widow (32 years old, whose husband committed suicide 3 years ago) for the last 6 months. We've known each other over a year now. As I'm sure you are aware, dating a widow comes with a whole different set of challenges. I'm trying, but I'm a slow learner sometimes, especially when it comes to making sure she feels supported by me. Even if I feel I'm being supportive, I often say the wrong thing at the wrong time causing her to doubt my feelings and support for her. I'm deeply in love with this woman and will do whatever it takes to make her feel supported. So, my question is, do you know of any groups where men like me can learn from others who have been through this? Are there any websites? I tried to email you off site, but couldn't find a link to message you here. I'd love to exchange a message or two with you if you're up to it. I can be reached at mastequila55@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your consideration.
    -E

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments or questions!